Around Town: 2013 Holiday Displays

I often complain about my office location uptown on Fifth Ave because all of the business are stores that I'm not likely to to shop at much (I can't really say that I'm a regular at Chanel and Dior), however because this is the area of the fanciest stores' flagships, I am starting to develop a new interest in window dressing. All of the best, most creative, coolest displays go on up there, and during the holidays is when they ramp it up even more.

Below are some of the stores that started early this year.


Harry Winston (5th Ave at 56th St) - I love how the cornice is trimmed with emerald-cut lights and the tops of the windows are embellished with pear-shaped diamonds.



Tiffany & Co (5th Ave at 57th St) - In addition to the windows with mini-cityscapes, white and Tiffany blue decals of brownstones run up the entire building.


Cute geese at Louis Vuitton (5th Ave at 57th St).


Henri Bendel (5th Ave between 55th and 56th St) made 3D models of Al Hirschfeld's caricatures and brought them all together for a spirited holiday dinner. Hirschfeld's illustrations of Broadway stars and celebrities are classic New York all the way; he contributed to all of the major NYC publications for more than 70 years.

No comments:

 
Pin It